Progress flourished after the grant of independence to the Philippines.Industries began to make a headway, due to the accessibility of the province and the laying of the first concrete road from Manila.
In April 30, 1605, it was separated by the Augustinians from Arayat and attained township status due to bajo de la campana system. The town proper was located in Macapsa, however due to the natural calamities and revolts led by Andres Malong and his subordinate Melchor de Vera against the Spanish in 1660, it was nearly abandoned.
It was moved to San Bartolome in 1734 until it was swept by the flood due to the overflow of Parua River in 1863.
These microfilms may be viewed at Family History Centers around the world. Some combination of these icons will appear at the far right of the microfilm listed for the record. The magnifying glass indicates that the microfilm is indexed.
Clicking on the magnifying glass will take you to the index.
Pampanga Province is in the Archdiocese of San Fernando.